This guide is for everyone interested in learning how to create a bitcoin wallet. I created “step by step” tutorial on how to create Blockchain.info wallet. I will show you how to download and install it on your device and how to send and receive your funds really quickly (about 5-10 minutes).
Pros of Blockchain wallet:
- Blockchain.info is an established trusted company with years of experience and millions of users.
- Well-liked for small transactions and regular payments.
- Helpful to spend funds from a paper wallet.
- Easy and straightforward to use which makes it appealing for new bitcoin users.
- People like the smartphone app’s functionality.
- Potential risks of an online hot wallet.
Let’s get going!
I prepared a quick video tutorial for you on how to download and install Blockchain.info wallet. It’s really easy to use.
In case you don’t like video tutorials, here are screenshots
Step 1: Search for the Blockchain.info wallet app in the App Store or the Google Play
You begin by searching the application called Bblockchain.info in the App Store or the Google Play. Click the Open button and then add your e-mail address and set your password. The next step is to create a new PIN code which later serves to log in to your wallet.
Step 2: Verify your account
By this step, your wallet has been created and now it needs to be verified. Follow the link you received in your e-mail. The e-mail contains your login credentials which are recommended to keep safe.
Step 3: Backup your wallet. Be careful!
Before you start using your wallet, I recommend you to back up your wallet. The backup is used to recover your wallet in case of losing login credentials. It is recommended to have at least 2 copies stored at different places. Click the Backup Funds button.
Have your notepad ready and WRITE DOWN your 12 seeds.
Then you have to confirm the seeds in the correct order. Congratulations, you have successfully created your bitcoin wallet.
Now I’ll show you how to send and receive bitcoins.
Step 4: Send and receive bitcoin
a) If you want to send bitcoin, simply click the “send” icon and fill a form
- In the “TO” field copy the address of the recipient.
- Enter the amount in the “amount field“.
b) If you want to receive bitcoin, go to the “request” tab
- Copy the address of your wallet, in which the second party can deposit the bitcoins for you. In case you are buying bitcoins from BITCOIN DATA, you need to copy this address to our order form.
Blockchain.info wallet is very easy to use, it’s free and suitable for daily using. If you have a bigger amount of bitcoins, I would recommend a hardware wallet. Check out these detail reviews:
- 9 best bitcoin wallets from cryptopositive.com
- Review of hardware wallets from thecryptocoincenter.com