This guide is for everyone interested in learning how to create litecoin wallet. I created “step by step” tutorial on how to create Loaf wallet. I will show you how to download and install it on your device and then send your funds in it really quickly (about 5-10 minutes).
About Loaf wallet
- Official litecoin wallet developed by Charlie Lee – the creator of litecoin.
- Easy to use and open-sourced wallet.
- Available to download for free.
- Loaf wallet is an iOS and Android app that you can use to send and receive litecoin.
Let’s get going!
I prepared a quick video tutorial for you on just showing you how to download and install Loaf wallet. It’s really easy to use.
In case you don’t like video tutorials, here are screenshots which show you step by step how to set up your wallet.
Step 1: Search for the Loaf wallet in App Store or Google Play
The first thing you want to do is head over to the App Store or Google Play and just search for the Loaf wallet. Choose the app with the litecoin logo. Then press install in order to install it onto your phone.
Step 2: Open the Loaf wallet app and set the password
Run the application and click on the create a new wallet button. Then set your new password and confirm. The application will validate and acknowledge the password.
Step 3: Backup your wallet. Be careful!
Before you start using your wallet, I recommend you to back it up. The backup is used to recover your wallet in case of losing login credentials. It is recommended to have at least 2 copies stored in different places. The application will prompt you to record 12 seeds. Once you have the seeds written down, enter the requested words in correct order. Confirm the backup with the SUBMIT button.
Step 4: Receive and send litecoin
a) If you want to send litecoin, simply click the send icon and fill the form
- In the “TO” field, copy the address of the recipient.
- Enter the amount in the “amount field”.
b) If you want to receive litecoin go to the request tab
- Copy the address of your wallet, in which other users can deposit the litecoin to. In case you are buying litecoin from bitcoindata, you need to copy this address to our order form.
Loaf wallet is very easy to use, it’s free and suitable for daily using. If you have a bigger fund of litecoin, I would recommend a hardware wallet. Check out these detail reviews:
- 9 best bitcoin wallets from cryptopositive.com
- Review of hardware wallet from thecryptocoincenter.com